General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

'99 Camry idle vibration and engine making me worried

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 01:19 AM

My car has a 3 year Toyota warranty. But both the Toyota dealer and Toyota headquarters said a horn is NOT COVERED UNDER TOYOTA WARRANTY....lolol do you believe it....
When i brought the car to toyota..the service agent asked if the car was in any collisions....i said NO....after the service the service agent walked over and RUDELY said ..the car was in an accident because the service attendant found new autobody work so now you have to pay a $130.00 dollar diagnostic charge plus $ 1.56 for a fuse...he said also that if the fuse blows again you will have to bring the car back to toyota and pay for more diagnostic charges to find out what is causing the problem..he said the car might have an electrical issue...
After i left a few days later the horn fuse blew out again...but I did not take the camry back to toyota. I called the insurance company of the other driver who was at fault and filed another claim....when I brought the car back to the Autobody shop..they said that it is one of the 2 horns that have shorted out . And there is no electrical problem with the car and that the horn should be covered by Toyota warranty...... lolol. See what I went through...

So the mechanic disconnected the shorted out horn..and the low horn worked for weeks while I was deciding what to do while calling up toyota begging them...I TOLD HEADQUARTERS NO MORE TOYOTAS AFTER THIS CRAP I CAN GO TO ANY OTHER CAR COMPANY COMPETITOR FOR this crap.........i called insurance and filled another claim on the at fault drivers policy not mine...the non Toyota mechanic replaced the horn Toyota should have paid for.....
I just noticed low idle recently but it is slight
Also this corrupt Toyota dealer had just changed my cars oil just before the accident...they did a 10,000 mile synthetic oil change...i wounded if they screwed up the idle when they changed the oil or did not clean something at the change...

Old 06-28-2019, 08:46 AM
Default Is the idle issue Resolved?

Originally Posted by Deeboy
2016 ruff idles in drive 600 rpm with foot on brake ...does not in neutral at 750 rpm..and does not when in drive with emergency brake depressed with foot off of the main brake also idle rises to 750rpm..one of the horns had to be replaced because of electrical short...did not notice idle until after horn was replaced and 10000 mile synthetic oil change can anyone advise
Did you every get your issue with the idle resolved?
I have a 2016 Camry SE that does the same exact ruff idle thing as yours. I noticed it around 50k miles, I it has approx. 60k now.

Funny thing I have the same issue in my 2007 Camry LE that I noticed at around 75k miles.
They are different engines but same rough idle while idling in drive. It is more noticeable with the a/c on.

The 2007 has 290k now and still does the same thing. I haven't been too worried it because it never died on me sitting at a stop light or in traffic.

I would appreciate any more info you have on your rough idle issue.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Try cleaning the throttle body.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:36 PM
Wink That was a question for Deeboy.

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Try cleaning the throttle body.
I was hoping Deeboy might respond about his 2016 Camry.

Thanks toyomoho but I really don't need your input unless you can give what I asked.