General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

annoying seat belt beeep...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Default annoying seat belt beeep...

got an '06 LE and when the seat belts not buckled while in drive the car beeps like crazy....i know it's a safety thing and we should always have our belt on, but not if i'm just driving to the mailbox

anyway to stop the beep? bsides the obvious

Old 05-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Default RE: annoying seat belt beeep...

I just bought the 07 Camry SE V6 and love it!! Hate the annoying longer seat belt beep! Much longer and drawn out than previous years, but at least it is just once unlike Ford which beeps every 30 seconds or so. Problem is, everytime I stop and put car in park and then back into drive, I get the beep again. I tried disconnecting the wires right at the latch and shorting them out to no avail. I thought maybe they need ground. That didn't work. WHAT can be the issue here? is there a resisitor in the latch to "punish" those who try to defeat the annoying buzzer? PLEASE someone must know how to defeat it. Thanx!

Sixhle

Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 PM

Here's the scoop...when I posted last night, I only tested the car with the key in the on position. Today, I took the car out for a drive. With the wires to the seatbelt latch shorted out, the buzzer does NOT sound, yet the light remains flashing on the dash. it flashes slowly, not quickly as it normally would. And the airbag light is on. Does that mean the airbags will not deploy? They cause more damage to the interior than good anyway, but I dont need to have the lights on all the time. No beep, but the lights. Somehow, it appears it knows there is a problem and the seatbelt is not latched. latching the seatbelt in this situation does nothing. There must be something in the setabelt latch itself that gives it a signal. Does anyone know what can be done to eliminate the dash lights?

Old 05-30-2006, 01:50 AM

obviously it's not shorted, cus the light is blinking. i have an 04 le and the fasten belt signal flashes without beeping and stops when i latch the belt. it has to be an electrical issue tho, and what it could be depends on the climate your car experiences. warm and cold temperature shifts can cause electrical components to malfunction. just a lil info...