General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad accelerstion,rough driving,vibrating MORE

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Default Was paranoid

So I was being paranoid with the rpms. They were fine today,the car hasn't run well in a while so I forgot how it's supposed to behave. It's running great and now I've really narrowed down the one problem that's plagued the car since I got it 5 years ago: stalling.

The emissions smell goes hand in hand with the stalling. I've replaced the ect and temp sender switch,cleaned throttle bod,iac,egr,replaced pcv. They've all helped the performance and now replacing spark plugs and wires it's even better. BUT the car did want to stall out when coming off a 25 min highway ride to back roads. I'm able to drive out of it if I don't have to do a full stop.

It used to happen alot more frequently but now it's every now and then and I just put it together the emission/exhaust like smell the car gives off definitely coincides with the stalling. This leads me to think it has to be exhaust or catalytic converter related? Or o2 sensor. I'm not sure what else it could be but I do kno what it isn't which is a start.

Just wanted to update and see if any1 could see my thinking and what not. Thanks look forward to replies.