General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got in a small accident. What repair do I need? Pics Included.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 11:02 PM
Smile Got in a small accident. What repair do I need? Pics Included.

I had a small car accident about half a year ago where I got hit at the front door on the right side by a motorcycle. My Camry 16 got some damage from the accident as shown in the pics below but it runs fine so I've been procrastinating the repair till now.. The driver of the motorcycle didn't have insurance IIRC and the police never release a report on the accident.
What repairs do I need for the car? Since I'm paying 100% out of pocket so I'm trying to save some bucks here. I think I can leave the dent on the door (1st pic) as it is since it doesn't affect any functionality or reliability I guess. For the 2nd pic, I'd like to have the lining around the wheel aligned with the shell. It looks flimsy and I don't feel good to leave it as it is. The 3rd pic really looks terrible but it's just the shell dangling, I guess a bolt or two fell off in the accident. Fortunately there's some clearance so I don't hear it scrubbing the ground when driving. Sorry if I call the relevant parts by the wrong names since I don't know much about cars and I'm not very good at English.
Are the damage in the 2nd and 3rd pics able to get done at an auto repair? Not a body shop? To minimize the unavailable time of the car, I'm trying to get it done along with a regular maintenance (I've put 15000 miles on it with just oil changes) at one place. New to this forum and appreciate any information and help. Cheers.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

The door is a body shop job.

The clip that holds the plastic inner fender liner appears to have broke off. If you can find another clip you could remove the old one and replace the clip you yourself.

Any plastic handing under the car is a result of the plastic and perhaps metal fasteners pulling out of the plastic. You can buy a new lower plastic splash shied or fasteners and fix it your self. Splash shied get damaged often.

Suggest you enter you cars VIN into the website below to find parts.

https://parts.olathetoyota.com/

Look under body-splash shield and fender liner

There can be cheaper aftermarket parts available.

If the shield under the car is dragging, pull it up with wire or string running from one of the fasteners or hole in the shield to some place in the engine compartment.

Last edited by toyomoho; 02-14-2022 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:22 AM

I had a little auto collision about a large portion of a year prior where I got hit at the front entryway on the right side by a cruiser. My Camry 16 got some harm from the mishap as displayed in the pics underneath yet it runs fine so I've been delaying the maintenance till now.. The driver of the bike didn't have protection IIRC and the police never discharge a report on the mishap.
What fixes do I want for the vehicle? Since I'm paying 100 percent using cash on hand so I'm attempting to save a few bucks here. I want to result in the scratch on the entryway (first pic) for what it's worth since it influences no usefulness or dependability I presume. For the second pic, I might want to have the fixing around the wheel lined up with the shell. It looks shaky and I don't feel better to leave it for what it's worth. The third pic truly looks horrendous however it's simply the shell hanging, I surmise a bolt or two tumbled off in the mishap. Luckily there's some freedom so I don't hear it scouring the ground while driving. Sorry assuming I call the applicable parts by some unacceptable names since I have barely any familiarity with vehicles and I'm not awesome at English.
Are the harm in the second and third pics ready to finish at an auto fix? Not a body shop? To limit the inaccessible season of the vehicle, I'm attempting to make it happen alongside a customary upkeep (I've placed 15000 miles on it with simply oil changes) at one spot. New to this gathering and value any data and help. Good health.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited by derisolx; 04-13-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:45 AM

Remember that each insurance agency handles its cases cycle a piece in an unexpected way, yet a significant number of the means are comparative. Here is a thought of what's in store during the protection claims process.