General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

i have a 99 camry and need help with remote start needs

Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Default i have a 99 camry and need help with remote start needs

i have a 1999 toyota camry and i am looking into getting a remote start alarm the viper 5901. when i went to best buy to buy it they were trying to sell me other stuff telling me that i need it. i have a 1999 toyota camry it has stock open close remote and it has security light in it were if i lock the doors with the remote and i open it with the key the alarm goes off. i dont have a chip in my key . i think this is all the information i can give. please help me

Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Visit the Viper website and go through their "Build your Viper system" procedure.

http://www.viper.com/

On the System Type Page select: Security and Remote Start Combined

On the Select a Confirmation Page select: 2-Way

On the Chose Your System page Select: Viper 5901 (part number 5702V).

On Add Accessories page: Add the accessories you want such as glass breakage detector, motion/tilt detector, alarm goes off if battery is disconnected, remote can open the garage door, remote can unlock the trunk and open window, etc.

You will need to decide on what additional accessories you want. Each additional accessory adds an extra part that needs to be installed along with the 5901 system. Each accessory adds extra cost.

If you are really worried about car theft you might get the battery back up system. This will prevent a thief from disconnecting the battery to disable the alarm. Glass breakage is nice for a smash and grab thief who want to steel items in the car. The motion detector will go off if the car is tilted or someone attempts to tow the car.

You need to decide what additional security protection the car needs.

On the next page there is Add an Interface Module. As you car already has an alarm it may need an interface module.
Type in your cars info to find the module number. Should be 556UW. Note: from what you stated you car does NOT have a smart key.

Once this process is completed a list of items you need along with suggested retail pricing will appear to the left of page under the heading "Your Viper System."

If your going to install the system yourself suggest an internet search for discount pricing. If doing it yourself estimate 3-5 hours of time if doing it for the first time.

Last edited by toyomoho; 02-12-2010 at 10:53 AM.