General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

iPod Connection

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Default iPod Connection

I'm thinking of a way to connect my iPod through my stock stereo without replacing it somehow. Preferably an iPhone, if they are any different to connect.
I have a 95 Toyota Camry by the way.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Default RE: iPod Connection

I have a ipod setup in my 99, but I to buy a new head unit that had the right set up in the back for the ipod adapter. If you want to keep the stock stereo, your only options are to buy one of those tapes attached to a 1/8th inch plug. You pop the tape into your tapedeck, and just plug it into your ipod (about $20 at Radio shack). They also have adapters that plug into your cigarette lighter and you plug into your ipod, then select a frequency and then tune into it on your stereo (but the quality sucks). [sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 AM

So the back of the stock 95 unit doesn't have a CD changer option or anything?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:50 PM

I dont believe so.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:15 PM

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=FMM-100

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=AIP-RCA

Would something like that help you? Plugs into your antenna line and it does not say but I am assuming it runs on a low frequency like 88.9 or something like that. I had a 6-disc changer like that once. Then you can get an iPod hookup to plug into it.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Tim224DT

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=FMM-100

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=AIP-RCA

Would something like that help you? Plugs into your antenna line and it does not say but I am assuming it runs on a low frequency like 88.9 or something like that. I had a 6-disc changer like that once. Then you can get an iPod hookup to plug into it.
Actually, thats pretty interesting. It may just work.

Now just to get a diagram of how to install that...

Old 05-15-2008, 12:03 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I had a different idea.

Would I be able to install this (1, 2) 2003 stock Camry radio and use this hook up in my 95 Camry?

Old 05-15-2008, 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Burninator

Sorry for the double post, but I had a different idea.

Would I be able to install this (1, 2) 2003 stock Camry radio and use this hook up in my 95 Camry?
As for installing other stock radios into other model years it can be done as long as they fit for one and dont look to bad after you get them in there. You might want to check out that www.installer.com for a wire harness kit that will plug into harness that goes into your 95 radio then will plug into the back of the 2003 radio. This way you dont have to cut any wires if you decide to sell the car later. But as for it working sure it can work but will it fit and look right?

Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Tim224DT
As for installing other stock radios into other model years it can be done as long as they fit for one and dont look to bad after you get them in there. You might want to check out that www.installer.com for a wire harness kit that will plug into harness that goes into your 95 radio then will plug into the back of the 2003 radio. This way you dont have to cut any wires if you decide to sell the car later. But as for it working sure it can work but will it fit and look right?
I've just found a '99 OEM Camry CD/Radio that feels like it would blend in better with my '95 Camry.
How hard do you think it would be to wire it up using the stuff from installer.com?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:58 PM

If it all fits you are looking at about a 30 min job... The wire harness you buy from that site are awesome!! They are easy to hook up and use. On my fiancee's 2003 Corola i bought the harness adapter do i didnt have to cut the wires to install an aftermarket sony CD player that had an iPod hook up. Took me about 20 min to do.

Quick Reply: iPod Connection