General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katana Shifter Work on Gen8 Camry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 03:50 PM
Default Katana Shifter Work on Gen8 Camry?

Wondering if anyone has successfully installed and it's working on their gen8/2018+ Camry? This one comes with an adapter for those "button" to shift kind of *****. Sorry for image being so large.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:14 AM

Generally, it's a decent item (this survey could appear to be in any case, yet it genuinely is a decent item). It's not 100 percent metal, which has its advantages and disadvantages. The professionals: doesn't gauge a ton so there's no additional weight on the stuff shift, all inclusive fit so despite the fact that my vehicles shifter isn't strung the katana still fit with the right elastic connector and screws that accompany this thing. Since it's light weight, I feel the changes from park to opposite to drive and so on is faultless. The introduce of this item was exceptionally simple. Cons: the katana doesn't slide down exceptionally far on the stuff shift so the handle sits pretty high (impedes the A/C and some portion of the touch screen while the vehicle is in leave, see joined picture) and it's not 100 percent metal so I'm certain mileage will be somewhat faster over the long haul. The handle is plastic and the base plate of the katana is free and slides right off. While the vehicle is in drive, I have had a few unintentional tiptronic/manumatic triggers. This happens on the grounds that the handle is long and since it doesn't plunk down sufficiently far, you can undoubtedly knock the stuff shift aside, causing the tiptronic/manumatic framework to start, tossing the vehicle into a manual stuff. The size of the handle is awesome, as you can put around a hand and a half on the handle (in the event that you were holding it as a blade). I simply wish the handle could slide down around 2-3 inches lower, then, at that point, it would be great.

Kodi nox

Last edited by Alpoi; 02-19-2022 at 01:01 PM.