General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Camry LE Multifunction Display Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 07:14 PM
Default 2017 Camry LE Multifunction Display Issue

30,000 miles on my 2017 LE but now the cluster “multifunction” display has problems. On start up, it appears that the cluster display / electronics are booting up OK – but once in drive and moving down the road, there is only a “snow ball” display in the center of the cluster.
I can select various settings (miles to empty, speed, etc.) – BUT nothing is saved or displayed.
The push button switch on the left center of steering wheel selects and displays various options and appears to interact with the driver BUT no changes are saved.
My question is: is the forward / back / menu selection switch on the steering wheel failing OR is there a much deeper behind the instrument cluster?
Any idea what the part number would be for the switch on the steering wheel? I have found various schematics on the Internet, but cannot drill down to see any individual parts of the steering wheel buttons on the left & right side of the steering wheel

This my 4th Camry in the last 20 years and previously NONE of them had any electronic issues or dashboard display errors.
Thanks for any insights on this problem.

Mike P.
Buffalo, NY

Old 01-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know.

For steering wheel switches search the parts catalog at an online Toyota dealer for "steering wheel paddle switch".

84610-12130 is right side or 84610-12120 is left.

The switches are off or on. Would assume the save feature is part of the display circuit or whatever computer it is connected to, if any.

You could diagnosis the switches operation to determine if the are working on/off and not sticking on.

These displays can be a pragmatic. Suggest you go to the Toyotanation.com site which has a discussion on this. There is some info about bad circuit board solder joints.

If you think it is the display, Ebay would sell used instrument clusters as Toyota doesn't appear to . Perhaps the display could be swapped out. Or if you handy with electronics check for cold solder joints.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:15 AM

Hello everybody. I just got a 2018 Camry XSE thus far I am floored by how great this vehicle is. One thing I'm experiencing a little difficulty with is the multi-work show (the one between the speedometer and tach). All that shows fine and dandy however the dim blue text and dim images are difficult to understand when it's truly splendid outside. I've changed the splendor utilizing the buttons just underneath the check bunch and even at greatest I struggle seeing it. This is the outcome whether or not or not the headlights are one. Essentially, the head unit is difficult to peruse at whatever point the dull red is utilized against the dark foundation. I saw I can change the topic there so issue addressed on that front. Does the multi-work have various subjects? Is this simply the manner in which it is?

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited by Alpoi; 02-19-2022 at 01:10 PM.