General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help! 95 Camry with Smoke Under Hood

Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Default Need Help! 95 Camry with Smoke Under Hood

Hi All, I need your help. I have a 95 Camry V6Le with 187k miles. The car has been great to me. I change the oil regularly and 6 months ago changed the timing belt and put in a good 2 grand into the car, repaired some big oil leaks.

Now, tonight I noticed sometimes while idling, not always, there is a small amount of smoke coming from the hood by the right front tire, passenger area! The car has had small to medium oil leaks for a long time, usually after work there is a small amount of oil under the right part of the hood. The check engine light has been on for about 6 months. Ive never had any problems until today. It didnt smell much, if anything a tiny bit like burnt rubber (oil?).

I cant put much more money into the car since I plan to sell it soon, in 6 months or so, hoping to get closer to a year out of her.

Any recomendations. From what Ive researched on google some have said to put in thicker oil like 10w-40? Other have said its a major problem. I need your help please!!

Thanks!