New timing belt & water pump. Now new oil leak? '95 Camry - Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Default New timing belt & water pump. Now new oil leak? '95 Camry

I JUST HAD THE TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP REPLACED ON MY '95 CAMRY WITH 98.000 MILES. THE BELT WAS WORN BADLY AND PROBABLY VERY CLOSE TO BREAKING. THE NEXT DAY I NOTICED A NEW OIL LEAK ON MY GARAGE FLOOR. THE LEAK IS NOWHERE NEAR THE TIMING BELT AREA BUT MORE TOWARD THE CENTER OF THE ENGINE. DOES ANYONE HAVE A POSSIBLE EXPLANATION? HOW COULD A NEW TB AND WP CAUSE AN OIL LEAK?
THANKS
Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM

Default RE: New timing belt & water pump. Now new oil leak? '95 Camry

Just my 2 cents, maybe they disrupted the oil pan a little when they did the front of the motor. I haven't been under my Camry lately but the oil pan could have a couple of bolts into the front of the motor. The oil could be running down the pan and dripping in the center. Try wiping the pan and the underside of the motor and may be you'll be able to see where the oil comes from. My experience is and has been changing the oil on 6 different years of Camrys, a 4 Runner, 2 Tacomas, and 2 Corrollas. I've seen the underside of many engines. I agree that it is unusual for an oil leak on a Toyota but something is definately going on under there. Again only my 2 cents.