General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohm resistances...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Default Ohm resistances...

1993 Camry LE 4Cyl....

to test the MAP sensor and the Vacuum Switching Valve for proper function...

1) What are the ohm resistance ranges for each when testing with an ohm meter??

2) which end of the VSV do I blow through to make sure it isn't clogged, the line end to the EGR valve or through the other end that would lead to the Modulator?

3) After I disconnect and remove the VSV for testing, can I re-attach it to the firewall instead or does it have to be in it's original spot? It's hard to get to and I would prefer to put it back in an easier location like along the firewall...

thanks!
Brian

Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

The MAP sensor is a little complicated to test.

If you disconnect the plug with ign switch on there should be 4.75-5.25 volts between the two outer terminals of the plug.

Inspecting the MAP itself requires testing at the harness plugged into the computer. You would need to apply vacuum to the MAP sensor to simulate the engine.

The Autozone website may have this info in their vehicle repair guide section.

VSV ohm reading may be 33-39. You can apply 12v to the device to operate it.

When not powered air should flow between the port that sticks out in the same direction as the electrical plug (E) and the port sticking out 90 degrees to the plug (G).

When powered the air should not flow out port G but but between E and port on the opposite side of the part through a round looking air filter.

You can attach the part where you want.