General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slowest car on earth???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Default Slowest car on earth???

I don't know about any of you, but does your car spin in the rain. I own a 2000 LE 4cyl, and I can't get it to spin at all. I'm just wondering, maybe its time for a tune up or somehting. Plus I'm very upset that the car can't even beat honda civics. Gimme some feedback please![sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Slowest car on earth???

well my 98 camry used to spin in the rain when i was at a complete stop and tried to pull off. then i change the tires now it doesnt do that. i think you just got good tires. plus civics got some get up my mom 97 civic would peel off much faster then my camry. but i think camrys have overall top speed

Old 12-21-2007, 04:34 PM

I don't which is stranger, wanting to spin in the rain (intentionally) or worrying if your Camry is fater than a Civic.

Sounds like you bought the wrong car.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:58 PM

lol. I agree wrong car. But however sense subject on hand i can almost white smoke my tires on my 05 camry 4cyl. Call me crazy but im sure it could be done. I peeled out yesterday pulling out on a road and smelled tires for the next mile down the road. I try to avoid these things but sometimes you just got to go. It suprised me that this little 4banger almost burned the tires all the way threw 1st gear. In the rain its really slippy. Handles well overall. Traction seems to be an issue if your hunting for a low gear almost seems to drop to low then upshift to grab traction. If toyota put a limited slip diff on these as a standard item these cars would feel quicker i think

Old 12-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

As far as beating civics....

and both are stock as hell....

It's a camry dude...

enough said.