General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Toyota recall

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:09 AM
PXH
Default Toyota recall

My co-worker just told me about a recall possibly affecting my 2010 Camry. How can I check to see my car is affected? Thanks.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Old 01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Default Camry Recall

I know my 2010 Camry is going to be recalled due to the safety issue with the gas peddle. I also know it is not an interference problem with the floor mat, but could very well be a problem with the peddle unit itself. I worry about my dealer installing a shim in the original peddle assembly in an attempt to prevent a binding condition, rather than replace the peddle assembly with a newly designed version. It sounds to me that this "Shim fix" is a cost saving, band-aid approach to the problem. There is also the possibility of the shim not getting installed properly, making the problem worse, or delaying a failure out a few years.
I have been a loyal Toyota user because of their quality and safety reputation. I hope they are willing to bite the bullet on this one, and fix it right the first time, even if it costs more to do so. Certainly, their future repution is at stake as never before.
Charles Ranheim

Old 01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Toyota calls it a "selective spacer."

This appears to be a stop gap measure until Toyota can replace the unit with a new part. These new parts take time to be manufactured and distributed.

In addition to the shim, dealers would receive detailed info on how to it. From time to time Toyota and other manufactures need to repair design and manufacturing issues. This being done through the dealer via a recall or Technical Service Bulletin.

Toyota appeared to have pursued market share growth at all costs and is now paying for this in quality and to an extent less then ideal customer support. Often a recurring theme with business.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
gmc
Default recall

The more I read, the more I am convinced it is a major electronic problem. If the ECM is telling the throttle body to open all the shims in china will not close it. One qualified expert says the only true fix is a mod to the ECM or replacement. It needs to have a brake to idle fail setting and it does not. I just bought mine and those bastards knew about this problem and I am pretty steamed. I predict a flood of lawsuits because we can't even sell these death traps. Ford is not interested in having it as a trade in either.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Other car and truck manufacturers use an electronic throttle system. The issues Toyota are dealing with may force these manufactures and the government to come up with standards for these systems to prevent future problems of this nature.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by PXH
My co-worker just told me about a recall possibly affecting my 2010 Camry. How can I check to see my car is affected? Thanks.
Car happens to be destroyed not only in outer part. As you can see, some of auto mirror and lights are still good and looks new but how about its engine or gas tanks even the machine as well.
If you feel something bad about your car, don't waste your time in consulting
a car mechanic before bad things happen.

Try visiting here for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_car