General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unable to unlock trunk!!!!! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Default Unable to unlock trunk!!!!! Help!!

I rotated key in trunk to left and am unable to turn key back to center to open trunk. What do I need to do to unlock and open my trunk? Help PLEASE! Thanks.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Default RE: Unable to unlock trunk!!!!! Help!!

can you get in the car and use the trunk release lever under the drivers sea.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 AM

Turning it to the left is the lock that disengages the trunk lever next to the seat! I didn't do this intentionally, but it locked to the side when I did. I closed the trunk and am unable to turn the key back at all.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 AM

can you fold down the back seat...enter the trunk and remove the trunk liner so you have access to the latch

Old 04-13-2007, 02:07 AM

On the drivers or pass side! Subs in the trunk it will be tight but I can make it work with the right guidance into the situation

Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 AM

fold down both rear drivers and passenger and remove the trunk lid liner then youll be able to see the door latch and cyliner lock...first see if you can turn the cylinder lock...if not disconnect the rod connecting the cylinder lock to the latch and wiggle it back and forth.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

have you tried to insert your key in two different ways? ie. insert it once and then if that fails, rotate the key 180 degrees and insert and try again?

Old 04-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: toyoboy

fold down both rear drivers and passenger and remove the trunk lid liner then youll be able to see the door latch and cyliner lock...first see if you can turn the cylinder lock...if not disconnect the rod connecting the cylinder lock to the latch and wiggle it back and forth.

man that is a super difficult job to do, and even that may not work as the lock mechanism isnt that easily accessed.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:44 AM

Can not rotate key that is the issue. I was hoping there was another way

Old 04-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

oh i know you cant rotate the lock but you can sure as heck rotate the key in your hands right? I havent locked my trunk in a long time, but i believe i had difficulties unlocking it with the key facing one side, so i had to insert the key 180 degrees from my original way. It maybe something about the teeth of the key that makes the slight difference.

Did you engage the lock before or after the closing of the trunk. It shouldnt make a difference but something could have happend if you locked it before closing it. Something more likely would have happend if your keys were still in the lock when you were closing it.

Quick Reply: Unable to unlock trunk!!!!! Help!!