General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

winter care?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Default winter care?

hey everyone,

just got my first car 2004 camry le sedan. I want to take good care of it.

my friend has a similar camry but 1997, and he is getting rust around the front tires.

I figure that most rust can be caused by winter salts etc. does anyone have any good products that will help prevent rusting?

edit: i have found a product that looks to prevent rust by using something called saltbusters. it is called jack which i found through google. its at www.tryjacktoday.com
does anyone have experience with this product? looks promising, i will order and test it out and post a review

will update thread with results.

Last edited by CamryLoveAllDay; 10-31-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:23 PM

is this another soliciting post?

Jack uses GAMMA TECHNOLOGY™ to create an invisible force field that resist the attachment of dirt and grime and keeps your cars paint clean for a month or more without washing!

is this a joke? just buy some warp nacelles, which contain the warp coils and associated controls and support tire wells.

otherwise, if you are serious in your INTENTIONS to take good care of your car, wash tire wells super duper clean, then buy some mastique that is used on truck beds, and smeer it all over the areas in concern. let it dry and be happy. Herculiner type stuff.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Thumbs up

Yep, a very thorough cleaning and get the car undercoated or pick up a bunch of cans of CRC 05347 Rubberized Spray Undercoating or similar product (Polyurethane base).

I know some people make or buy a special wand (hose extension with nozzle) to make washing under the car easier.

If you have access to a garage it will help get things dried out after that routine wash.

Regularly inspect the condition of wheel wells and undercarriage and keep on top of any rust or wear you find.

Or you could move to a state where they don't salt the roads.
Main thing is to wash the car regularly ... enjoy the new ride!