Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

97 v6 camry options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Default 97 v6 camry options?

[blockquote]
hi everyone,
just trying to get some advice on what kind of headers, intake, exhaust to use on my car... not many people out here where im from have customized camrys so i think it would be cool to use the 97 v6 camry i already have anyways and make something better out of it, lol i'd be awesome to turn some heads with a camry :P, thanks guys.
[/blockquote]

Old 04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: 97 v6 camry options?

I wouldnt put headers on a camry. Look around on ebay for some kits. everyone jumps at k&n because their popular, but you can get kits just as good at other shops. KKM, AEM anything like that, or you can take a costum root. Take some PVC pipe, paint it black, get elbows, attacments, and go to autozone and get an adapter for on intake to a filter. Drill the holes you need, and put an extensiona then a breather on your crankcase ventalater. that smooths out idle and helps alittle with MPG, BEARLY tho. and it looks sharp. Exaust, you can take it to your local muffler shop and tell them your car modle year and motor, tell them the type of system you want (dual or single) and thell bend it for you and you can put the muffler in yourself, and install it yourself. If you need any help, post on here or post on www.explorerforum.com on the other makes and models, theyll help ALOT more than you think. good luck
Clay

Also think about bigger throttle body and intake manifolds aling with computer chips.