Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake hose cracked

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Default intake hose cracked

hey guys[/align]i was going through my engine today in my 1994 camry I4 when i noticed that the intake hose had a crack in it.[/align]i wanted to know what would be the best way to take care of that, i dont want to buy an aftermarket intake. are there places where i can get oem replacements, preferably not the dealer they will charge too much money.[/align]can i use tape to fix the crack, is so what kind. and also another question, the pipe that comes out of the airbox toward the front of the car have any of you removed it.[/align]is there any negative affect that will happen if this pipe is removed? the only difference i see so far with that pipe removed is that the engine sounds "cooler"[/align]also what is that little box that is attached to the bottom of the intake hose, i dont really see a use for it. does anyone know what it is. thanks[/align][/align][/align]first time im postings pics so please be patient[/align][/align][/align]Name:  Picture004Large.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  99.4 KB[/align] [/align]Name:  Picture003Large.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  123.3 KB[/align][/align]Name:  Picture002Large.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  81.3 KB[/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Default RE: intake hose cracked

Name:  Picture004Large.jpg
Views: 3196
Size:  99.4 KB
[/align][/align]Name:  Picture003Large.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  123.3 KB
[/align]
[/align]Name:  Picture002Large.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  81.3 KB

PICS FIXED!

-dude; idk what to use to fix that; but i'm guessing clean it up really, really well and some gorilla duct-tape. OR - look for one in a junkyard.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM

thanks for the response and the pics, can you please show me how to post the pics like that

im considering to use some sort of strong tape to fix the crack, might go to the junk yard later on.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:36 PM

yeah.. go for the Gorilla duct-tape; i recently read about it on popular mechanics that when it grabs - IT GRABS.

yeah- for some odd reason, this site needs it to be .. [IMG] address here [/IMG]

instead ov [IMG] addess here [/IMG] on most image hosting website.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:50 PM

well i didnt want to start a new thread so im going to continue in this one.[/align]i was wondering what would be the best solution to seal, close off the hole in the intake hose that connects to the resognator.[/align]maybe there is some type of lid that i could use, i would try tape but im not sure how that will hold up.[/align]any solutions will help. thanks[/align]

Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM

I know, really OLD thread [sm=idontcare.gif]I was thinkin about the same thing, I dont need the resonator box as far as Im concerned, all its gonna do is lose the effect of havin direct airflow. My thought, take a piece of plastic, like a ziplock freezer bag (its tough) and put that between the intake and the box. Put the box on liek you normally would, tighten it so there is no air leak. The plastic will keep the air from goin thru the box. Im gonna be doin the same thing later today. Until I can get something better, of course. I wanna go aftermarket.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:33 PM

That box is there to a) Quiet down the intake b) Improve throttle responseat idle and c)catch water going thru the intake so your motor doesnt hydrolock. Your better off keeping it on.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:40 PM

YeaI guess but Im plannin on throwin in a spectre custom intake anyways, that definitely wont need the resonator. I already looked into it, I get a louder, yet deeper sound from the intake, added hp even on the camry and I guess anyone with a cone runs the risk of hydrolock, considering no aftermarket pipe has a resonator box.

Thanks tho, i had no idea about the box being ised for hydrolock. i think K&N has something to prevent hydrolock too.