Go Back  Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum > General Toyota Camry Forums > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

01 won't idle, started making loud noises from motor and lost quite a bit of power. A

New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

01 won't idle, started making loud noises from motor and lost quite a bit of power. A

Old 09-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Default 01 won't idle, started making loud noises from motor and lost quite a bit of power. A

My brother left his 01 campy here for me to check out. Lol. I'm no mechanic. It won't idle, the motor started making loud noises and it lost considerable power. Drained oil to check for shavings, etc. Oil looked clean. Any suggestions

Old 09-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

What engine type 4-cyl or V-6?

Describe the noise. Knock, click, grinding, tap and the approx area its coming from.

Listen to:
-Passengers side of engine from the valve cover down to below the crankshaft pulley.
-The valve cover area.
-The side of the engine block facing the radiator, in the area level with the crankshaft pulley.

Use a section of hose as a stethoscope.