New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

09 Hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Default 09 Hybrid owner

I recently bought a 09 camry hybrid loaded leather, nav, sunroof etc. Was looking for a Prius, but being 6'3" i just didnt fit and the camry was just so much nicer.

With owning a 455 rwhp 8.1 chevy 2500HD and 500 rwhp mustang cobra, gas was getting out of hand.

I plan on keeping the car as economical/quiet/efficent as possible.

What I am looking to learn is the best way to operate the navigation and calling on the fly. It's useless to me the way it is.

Watch DVD movies on the Nav screen for my kids Or hook up a game station like xbox or PS3 to the nav screen. keep them busy on long rides.

I have seen the lockpick setup. Does this work? it is a 2009. I've read good and bad

Reprogram ECU for more Throttle to run in EV mode longer. Is this possible. tuning the gas motor is no issue. I can easily do that. Can you increace the battery amperage and voltage or install a high farad capacitor?

I am not new to modifying machines. I build some of the fastest kawasaki atv's on the planet.

I am also a CNC machinist that manufactures and modifys CVT belt driven clutches on powersport vehicles. So the CVT was a nice addition.

I also have my own personal dynojet chassis dyno. so tuning the machine can be easily done

ever interested to see what I do. google my screen name.

I'm not new to forums as I've basically lived on them for the past 8 years

any help is greatly appreciated. Reply or PM is great.

John

Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF and Toyota products!

The name VFORCE rings a bell in terms of the drag racing area or am I mistaken? I did Google your name, a lot of great work!

CoastalETech appears to OK for lock picking. Suggest you call then rather then email and ask if their products can help meet your needs.

There was a member peddling a lock pick at this site a few months ago, might do a history search.

One lockout the nav system may have is a signal from the parking brake switch to determine if the car is stopped. Might check into a work around for this to simulate the parking brake being on when driving.

As to the computer. Later years have a computer that can be reflashed. Toyota appears to have released the knowledge allowing a third party reflash but have not heard of third party software modifications for performance improvement. I could be wrong as I don't keep up this type of thing.

If you have not already might check out the Toyotanation website. They have both Camry Hybrid and Prius forums and stereo.navigation systems, etc section.

The more senior members at the site would know about software improvement possibilities and Nav system mods.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:23 AM

Welcome aboard! Its so glad to know you.do share if you have any problem.