New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

2005 Camry - looking for air bag impact sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 07:37 PM
Default 2005 Camry - looking for air bag impact sensors

I'm new, first post.

Car was in minor accident, insurance and shop agreed to repair. Drove car for a month before repair appointment. Everything worked, no leaks.

Shop took it apart, decided to total. I settled with insurance and kept car. Now I'm putting it back together. Runs fine. Drove a block or so.

No air bag light, but want to verify that sensors were not unbolted and hanging. WHERE ARE THEY? Looked around headlights, both sides of radiator, no luck.

Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks!

Old 11-14-2023, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Remove the two plastic shields at the front of the car under the engine. There is one sensor bolted to the outside of each chassis tube.

Old 11-15-2023, 11:09 PM

Thanks Toyomoho!

Found sensors. Once I pulled the bumper cover back off they were staring at me. Both present and still connected. Feeling a bit stupid but very relieved!

Was missing the middle bumper reinforcement bracket. Found that and the splash shields at a bone yard. Now just looking for a couple fasteners and I'll be ready to return it to my wife..

Since its a primed bumper we'll get it painted, but that's not as urgent as being to drive it so I can get my '99 rust free Avalon off the road before the salt!

Thanks!