New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Default 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Won't Start

Hi all I made the big mistake of putting fuel in my car that might have had a bit of water in it now the problems I am having have me baffled.
Ran gas through MR Funnell and it was suppose to separate the water from the fuel but it didn't work my car died and then ran very rough when i WAS able to restart it.
I have drained the Gas tank now twice making sure there was no more water in the fuel system but the problem is with the push button start I am only able to start the car after it has sat for days it will start up once run for around 3 seconds and die. After this happens I try to do all the resets and jump starts and everything but the car will not Start again. When it does start after waiting multiple days to try it again it flashed the CSV code after it died . I have tried multiple code readers with no errors on the ones I have I am at a loss all the lights on the dash come on when I step on the brake the push button start turns green but i am never seeing the READY light come on the dash the GREEN light this is where I am at I am an electrician so I went over all fuses and Relays and nothing blown or out of sorts .

Old 09-02-2023, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Did the engine operate OK prior to the fuel issue?

Have you changed the fuel filter?

Search internet for fuel tank additives such as ISO-HEAT that can help with water in the gas.

Ready can mean ready to drive as in all checks complete. Perhaps all that water is having issues with the computer to run all the checks.

Old 09-02-2023, 10:30 PM

The engine did run fine before running the bad gas through it . I purchased a fuel pump and filter assembly from an auto wrecker and installed it and it didn’t change a thing so I put the old one back in now. Is there any way to by pass the push start button there is absolutely zero crank won’t do nothing all dash lights on green light on push button for power press it in with foot on brakes and brake lights work zero attempt to start.

Old 09-03-2023, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Not up to speed on the hybrid electrical.Try posting at:

toyotation.com

in the appropriate year Camry hybrid section.

Another website is:
https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...mry-hybrid-49/

Suspect the fuel issue is one problem, the engine cranking over/stalling is another and the not ready issue something else. Sometimes a fuse blows or a component of the hybrid battery fails causing a not ready. Not ready is common for hybrid and thus a specialized hybrid forum may be able to help.