New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Buying a Camry Out of State for Use in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 07:04 AM
Default Buying a Camry Out of State for Use in Florida

I live in Florida, and the new car dealers here are the worst in the country about adding on outrageous and bogus fees, and using "bait-and-switch" tactics. Furthermore, they almost never negotiate the price of a new car anymore, and a lot of them are still adding "market premiums" to the MSRP. A typical Florida "doc" fee is about $1,200, which is on top of the destination charge of $1,095. Also, they include a lot of unwanted "port add-ons" from Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC that are non-negotiable as well. There is no place worse to try and buy a new car. My question is, would it be worth my while to purchase a new Camry (or any other car) out of state and have it shipped to Florida? Are there dealers anywhere in the country selling cars BELOW MSRP like the "old" days? I know there are some companies that will ship a car for around $1,000 to $1,200. Are there any hidden "gotchas" that I need to be aware of? I've already checked with our DMV here, and the tax/title/registration process is fairly straight forward, whether I buy a car in Florida or elsewhere. Please let me know what you think and what experiences you've had. Thank you.

Old 01-31-2023, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Some car makers are selling below MRSP but Toyota is not one of them. Currently the best one might do is to find a dealer selling at MSRP.

You are going to need to buy a car outside of Southeast Toyota Distributors as in not Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and North and South Carolina. There are additional US Toyota distributors covering other regions who may add on their own charges as standard.

Due look into Toyota Corporation discounts and special offers.

No gotchas. Car dealers and state DMV’s should be up to speed. Make sure the selling dealer collects and remits sales tax to Florida at that states rate or you will need to make up the difference or may not get a refund of excess tax is paid.

Ready logistics ships cars or the selling dealer with have contact. Many people fly out to pick up the car and drive back as part of a vacation.

The issue then comes down to potential savings which don’t find here given the demand for Toyota’s.

Try Toyotanation.com. It’s the largest Toyota owner forum website and nationwide. Members might be able to provide the current nationwide situation of Toyota new cars prices and any deals.

Old 01-31-2023, 03:15 PM

Thanks, Joey!