New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Camry or Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Default Camry or Honda Accord

Hi all

I am new to cars. I intend to buy a car and i am wondering which car would be a better choice, Camry or Accord. I have not test drive both cars but according to my friends, Camry is more fuel efficient. Please tell me what are the advantages of each car as i like both the cars, in term of designs.

Appreciate your replies.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Camry or Honda Accord

Might do a site search as this question has come up before.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 AM

I think Camry is best because The automatic Camry is quite unlike its manual sibling.. Stomp the gas pedal and the four cylinders fire to life with loud, throaty growl, The manual in contrast puts a lot more spin into the wheels without the engine decibel blast. On the expressway this translates into oodles of speed. The needle swinging past the 200kmph mark with the pedal past the floor though the VBOX confirmed that at a 199.8kmph, so short of that magic double ton. Considering that the manual Camry zoomed way past the 200kmph mark, falling just a nick off the same mark is quite a remarkable achievement for an automatic. Acceleration too is sharp with the Camry automatic taking just 12.23 seconds to swing past the 100kmph mark. The quarter mile comes up in 18.45 seconds and she goes on further to cover a kilometre in 33.69 seconds.
Where the automatic excels is in the rolling tests, the flexibility of the gearbox ensuring that she never takes more than a couple of seconds in her short sprints making her a most powerful tool for blistering past lumbering traffic.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:18 AM

I also had the exact same choice to make. I found the Camry offered a quieter ride and, for me, was more comfortable. Reliability records on both were good, but the 4 cylander Camry is legendary. Good luck.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Are you looking to buy a brand new car? There's so many bodystyles of each, you may want to look at which one out of those 2 cars suits you best. I HATE the new Accords, but the last tyle was quite nice and I really liked the interior. We have 2 Camrys, a '93 and '96. They're the same bodystyle, but for some reason the '96 interior is cheaply made and the door handles are already braking and interior already fading. Might want to think about those things first...

Old 02-21-2009, 08:42 PM

That's what I asked myself that question when I was considering of buying a new car. I decided to get the 2009 Camry because of its reliability and the air conditioning system because I live in Texas. I just drove it home today and it was smooth. Of course, because it's new. But still you can't go wrong with a Camry. I do like the new accord but the price was too high for me. Also, I think their resale value is much higher than the Camry.

This was my first new car. I just hope I can take care of her and do the proper maintenance. You just have to think what's best for you and your budget. The Accord looks better than the Camry IMO and I think it has more horse power depending on the trim you get.

Just research and take your time because a car is probably your second highest investment, next to your house.

Peace Out Everyone

2yen

Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM

I've driven the new Accords, I worked at a Honda dealership for a while. 190 hp in the 4 cylinder but they feel very slow and sluggish.