Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New Toyota Camry or New Honda Accord?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Default New Toyota Camry or New Honda Accord?

Please do not use emotional words in this thread as I don't intend to start war here. Please discuss with fact andreasonable argument.

The reason I would start this thread is honestly I am Honda driver and I would like to know some opinions from Camry owners. According to my research, one of the important advantage Accord has is Accord is cheaper than Camry equally equipped (about 90%). The other 10% are bigger body and roomier space...etc.

I would like to know what cars did you consider for your 07-09 Camry (I believe most of you also consider Accord, too), and know why you chose Camry. This is a study we would like to do so please do not ruin this thread by starting a war of Accord and Camry. I don't mind getting negative feedbacks on both cars but do not put in emotional words.

Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Default RE: New Toyota Camry or New Honda Accord?

Great post. I to was in the same dilema. I test drove the Honda Accord and loved it. I then test drove the Camry and loved it. It was a difficult choice, but it came down to price. With the way the economy has been lately there were a number of reasons why I choose the Camry. I chose it for these reasons: 1) It had more room in the back seat for my son when he was sitting in his car seat. 2) the insurance was cheaper on the Camry over the Accord. 3) The engine on the Accord was awesome. It was quick off the line and all. The Camry did not jump as quickly off the line. All in all when I went back to the quickness of acceleartions I came to think how much I was wasting on gas. With gas prices so high, I figured to save in the long run and purchase the Camry. I'm sold on the Camry and have not had a single issue. In addition, I also though about the all the bells and whistles and was not sold on many things. Do you really need it? Is the question I would ask. And if you can save money and add perferomance items later the total will surprise you.

I have made some slight modification to car itself as of late. Adding a K&N cold air intake, adding new tires and rims. I'm currenlty looking for a performance muffler. Once I have that this car will not be used as much. I really am happy with the purchase.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

I used to drive a camry and bought an accord. I just like my honda more over all. It has a better look, and toyota doesn't make a decent coupe any more!!! Below are some photos.

Name:  DSCN0192-1.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  DSCN0194-1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  100.5 KB

Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

I also jumped from toyota to honda. although not camry to accord...but if i wanted another midsize/fullsize family car i'd probably get an accord. I prefer the handling of the honda's. It's more responsive. In terms of roominess and bang for buck, they're honestly really close. It's all about the dealer and sales associate you buy from, and your bargaining abilities that make the difference in the end.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM

I was busy so I didn't visit here for awhile...hope everything is fine for everyone.

airic76,youbroughtone point that I didn't think of. The car insurance premium. I would probably spent asome time to do research on this if I have spare time from building my website. The acceleration on Camry is my concern, too. I tested the 07 4cyl AT and I feel it does not accelerate well compared with the new Accord. The same problem applies to the new RAV4 (2.4L). I have not tested thenew 2009 2.5L version yet.

lavalleemike, which year is your Accord? I have a 06 and my friend has a 08. I feel the new generation Accord is better than my 06. I was thinking to get a new Accord beause of his car..lol I feel the 07+ camry is a better car compared with the 7th gen Accord, but not the 8th generation Accord.

nodrogkam, is your Fit as fuel effieient as its commercial says (and most people who buy Fit expect)? The reason I start this thread is according to the car price research I did, Accord would have more discount than Camry, which makes Accord a better choice at least from my perspective. Did you test Yaris before getting the Fit?

It is good to have a such a great discussion as I know some topics like this ends with being locked because people can't discuss it with peace. Here are many nice people and it is a good community. I would love to stay here despite I don't have a Camry.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah the 4 cylinders are underpowered for the toyotas. They pretty much kept the same 4 banger for a few generations with barely making any tweeks to it. The cars kept getting heavier and the engine pretty much stayed the same.

The accord will be much better. And the Honda 4 cylinders will run smoother and quieter much longer than a toyota. The 4cylidners in toyotas get louder and unrefined over time. Not true of all toyota 4 cyldiners but true of the Camry.

The Fit is as fuel efficient as the 2008 revised EPA ratings rate it as. No, it is not more efficient than a Civic, but in many ways its more versitile. No i did not test the yaris. No real need to since magazine reviews have all done it for me. And i never liked tachometer on the middle of the dash. Also you can visually see that the seats on the yaris are not as supportive as the FIT.

Money is your main factor then yes the larger family sedans will have bigger discounts. Its been harder for people to get better deals on sub compacts due to fuel prices. Although with the slumping economy, car dealers have been trying to do more...but they're really making nothing off on sales.

If you end up getting a 4 cylinder, please get one from Honda. You'll prefer it. The v6's for toyotas seem better built, and refined to me though.
Anyways good luck.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

A little late to come back to the party but, my accord is a 2003 EX V6, and I like it much better than the wifes 08 camry XLE V6. Not that I condone street racing but, my car kills the camry.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:16 PM

I used to drive a camry and bought an accord. I just like my honda more over all. It has a better look, and toyota doesn't make a decent coupe any more!!! Below are some photos.
I also have camry and my friend show me his honda I decided to get a honda too but I'm still saving money for it.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM

Not quite the responses I expected to read on a Camry forum...

What website are you building, Jack?