New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Camry People please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Default Camry People please help!

I hit backed into my friends 98 Camry CE, who told me its no problem as long as I get it fixed. The damage was all in the fender on driver side. So thats what brings me here with a few questions I have.

The color is white, I couldn't figure out the factory color code because he did'nt have the manual. Can someone please tell me how many different white colors were made for the 98 Camry CE models ?

As for removal of the fender, I see 3-4 bolts when I lift the hood, 1-2 bolts where the fender meets the driver door, and the plastic guard under with the "pop-in" screws. They look like 10mm bolts, can someone please correct me if im wrong ? Is there anything else I will need to remove or am I missing something ?

Lastly, what other year/model camry's have the same fitment for the fenders from a 98 ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, im off to go look for a replacement fender at the local junk yards.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

There should be a color code number on a sticker on the side of drivers door. Examples of typical code numbers are 1B2, 3K4, 6P7, 930, 931.

There was only one white for this year, Super White II, code 040.

Year range 97-01. All Camry models have the same body. The Lexus ES350 may use the same body but not sure.

If poking around on the chassis take note there is an air bag crash sensor on each side of the car below each headlight, behind the front fender area. If the car has side airbags there is a sensor on each side of the car behind the lower center pillar.

Don't be hitting the chassis parts with hammers, etc as this could trigger the airbag sensor.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Thanks so much guy, private message me your paypal info so I can send you a gift of gratitude. i'll take note of the sensors, as for the removal ? any tips ? am i missing any bolt locations ? 10mm ?