New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Class of 99 Camry LE

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 12:13 PM
Default Class of 99 Camry LE

Good Afternoon Camry Lovers!!

My Yoda Car (I have a Toy Yoda hanging from the mirror in my Toyota LOL) has a few issues I'm addressing. I"m glad I found this forum.

I'm making my Yoda Car new again. She runs great with 268000kms and I average approx 850 to 900 kms per tank. I love my car.

Some issues:

I'm replacing my AC Clutch this weekend. However, I noticed the fan is on continuously, any ideas where I should look for the issue?
Secondly, my check engine light is on. I've replaced the fuel cap, had a smoke test done and the garage is unable to find the issue. I believe there is approx 9 different sensor's etc... which ones should I start replacing. I do the work myself, so I'm not paying someone else to do such minor work.

I await your comments!!!

Cheers All!!

Anniebugs13

Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM

Hello Annie,

Do you have a code reader? If so, find out what code it is and repair it instead of replacing parts one by one.

If not have one, go by auto part store, they usually will connect one and show you code and get part you need.

You could also buy a code reader and use it this time and for future if you choose to.

Last edited by Secretblend; 04-26-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:43 PM

I have access to one.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF.

Congrats on your Yoda Car, keep on, keeping on.

Is the AC automatic or manually controlled? What engine type, 4-cyl or V-6?

On both versions, the MG CLT Relay turns the AC clutch on/off. On the manual version this relay also activates FAN No 3 relay. This relay is one of several that controls the radiator fans.

Can you determine if the clutch still turns on and off and is not continually on? Its electrically controlled via the MG CLT Relay.

Also check the coolant temp SWITCH for the radiator fans. If the switch fails in the open position or the wiring to it becomes disconnected, the fans will turn on.

This switch has two wires rather then the one as for the coolant type gauge. The V6 has two switches.