New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Gay not happy with ruling

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Banned
Default Gay not happy with ruling

In a controversial ending to Taylormade 09 burner driver last weeks Honda Classic, US television viewers cost Brian Gay nearly $90,000 after complaining he waited too long for his 20-foot birdie putt to drop into the 17th hole.
Gay waited longer than the permitted ten seconds and was penalised a stroke costing him more prize money than he earned in the whole of last season. The initial birdie-3 gave him a share of Golf Clubs lead with eventual winner Dudley Hart, and Taylormade burner tp driver Gay believed he needed only to two-putt the 18th green to force a playoff. But he bogeyed the hole.
Gay thought he had tied for second but the rules official Slugger White, consulting videotape of 17th hole, imposed the one-stroke penalty.
Gay, a member of the 1993 U.S. Walker Cup team, still recorded his first top-10 finish and a career high $127,600 prize, but was clearly unhappy with the decision. He said, "I never knew you could hit a moving ball, so when Taylormade tour burner tp driver And Taylormade tour burner driver was moving I didn't even consider touching it. Personally, I think it is a huge grey area. "That was a huge putt for me. If I had fallen down and gotten emotional then it would have fallen into the hole before I got there."