New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

howdy!!

Old 10-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Default howdy!!

from south texas!

we bought a 97 camry v6 last year for my son from the original owners. its a dang good car. I picked it because my mom had two camry's after I finished high school and she never had a problem with them. every once in a while I would borrow them when I was home on leave or visiting from college and they were fun cars.

anyways, its the spare car now that my kids both wanted e30 bmws so its my car because I ride my bicycle to work 98% of the time so I don't really need a vehicle. I put a hitch on the camry for when I need to carry my bike out of town to events, it works great. large trunk, sporty feeling, quick acceleration, comfortable interior, its a good choice for a vehicle. I also like that there are tons of them in the junk yard so I have a huge supply of parts to change little things like the visors that were sagging and swapping the stock cd player out for a change/wallet space. I even found one with the same set of wheels ours has so I was able to get a matching spare and a spoiler that was the proper color.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your 97 Camry. This generation is one of the best for Camry.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:10 AM
Premium Sponsor

You have made a good decision and you will not regret it! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Good luck with all the future upgrades and keep us posted.