New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Total spent keeps rising yet still

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:16 AM
Default Total spent keeps rising yet still

Recently my 95 Camry starting idlin rough but was still drivable. During my commute, while at the stop light, it kills..I try to restart but no such luck..so I push it across the light..while parked and attempting to troubleshoot I try to restart again..she restarts after approximately 20 min so I again attempt to make it to my destination..maybe 5 to 7 miles down the road, u guess it!!..I use a mobile mechanic that informs me he believes the issue is fuel related..well after new fuel pump, fuel filter, strainer and an in-line filter as well..test drive was unsuccessful and i was pissed but optimistic..had the car towed to a reputable shop..new distributor plus the hose that connects the throttle body to air filter..last piece acquired was new throttle body and MY CAR STILL RUNS WHILE ENGINE IS COOL BUT ONCE TEMP IS REACHED it only stalls..then refuses to start..I've spent way too money just to throw it all down the drain but paying a car note outranks have to pay ur own maintenance..any1 got any ideas or suggestions

Old 11-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Did anyone check the coolant temp sensor for the cars computer? It tells the computer the temp of the coolant. This is NOT the sensor for the dash temp gauge.

Or:

The ign coil for cracks.
The distributor pickup coils for ohm resistance cold and hot.