New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Intro

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Default Intro

Well, after getting hosed at the local dealer when my wife brought her car in for her 30K service, I realized I need to be more proactive with the work on her car, and as a result I've discovered this group that has been already a huge help in terms of the manual and also How-to's. While I can't go back in time on what she invested (sometimes we get so buried with life it just passes us by) I elected to save some time and more importantly money with the replacement of the Serpentine belt and Cabin Air Filter. So, I'm looking for feedback on where to purchase the parts and also any suggestions on how it's done besides the service manual. Not sure about the manual, but sometimes I don't trust them (more on that later). About me- Have several vehicles and a motorcycle and have recently endeavored to learn how work on them (I've finished my first course on Fuel systems) and this Spring am enrolled in the Tune-up Maintaince class and then will continue on- as a hobby not as a pro. I Mountain Bike, surf, former diving instructor (LA County, NAUI, PA-I ;-) and hike quite a bit- do the Yosmite thing and looking into ultralight backpacking as well as a live taper of music concerts. Priorities: Family, Work, Recreation-in that order- started late and did all my playing prior to settling down @ 35, but still haven't grown up ;-0). Thanks in Advance, and you'll see me pretty much lurk as the little time I have is as I've stated above is limited.
Surf