New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Just bought a Camry

Old 12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Default Just bought a Camry

Hello,

New to this forum and to Toyotas in general. I've owned only American cars until yesterday, and to say the least, I have not been impressed with them. I have been in the hunt for either an Accord or Camry for a few weeks now and yesterday I stumbled upon a pretty good deal on a used 2003 Camry XLE. Now I'm the proud owner of this fine vehicle. If what everyone is saying is true, this should be a great car for me and it shouldn't give me too much trouble. The ride is excellent and I love the nice quiet interior.

The car has almost 78,000 miles on it, it has the 2.4L engine, dark charcoal cloth interior, stratosphere mica exterior, 6 disc cd changer, and the lovely wood grain console. It appears to be a high quality vehicle and I expect to enjoy at least 100,000 miles in it.

A little info about me:
I'm married a little over 6 months now, my wife is expecting our first child in late June (part of the reason I wanted a Camry over a Corolla), and I'm a youngster at only 23 years old. I'm a career firefighter/EMT for Montgomery County, Maryland and, although I love the Camry already, my primary ride is a 1991 Honda ST1100 Honda's sport touring motorcycle. It's treated me very well as a Honda so I expect a Toyota to be up to par with it. The Camry might not be an exciting car, but that's what the bike is for

Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Just bought a Camry

Welcome to TN and congrats on your new family!

The Camry should provide more room for you.