New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Looking For Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Default Looking For Opinions

Hello -

I have a 2000 Toyota Camry with 275k miles. I have had most everything replaced once. I change the oil about every 4,500 miles. It's cost me some money over the years but for the most part, has treated me well. I have never had a breakdown and still take it on long, leisure trips at leasttwice a month. My brother-in-law is a mechanic and says while everything seems fine, I obviously have to be cautious with any car this oldwith so many miles.

I may be relocating from NY to Las Vegas soon. Given what I have told you - which is truly all I know - would any of you veteran Camry owners take this car across country? Just looking for opinions. Still waiting to hear back from my brother-in-law.Thanks for you input.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Default RE: Looking For Opinions

do it! .. is it a 6 or a 4? - but that's just the adventurous person in me.. if i was to move- hell naw am i gonna try a stunt like that. LOL .. cuz we know the motor's age and yah- any agression to a part ov that engine can cause you a pretty penny.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Default RE: Looking For Opinions

Thanks for the thoughts. It's a four cylinder. My mechanic, who has been bearish at times, told me it would be fine. I am planning to buy a new one fairly soon but didn't want to give up on it yet. I love the car plus I don't want to screw with buying a new car then moving to another state two days later.

Any other opinions? Cmon, I am looking for some positive stuff from you loyal Camry folks!!