New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Need Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Default Need Clarification

I just bought a 2011 Toyota Camry LE and it requires 0W20, and from what I see in the manual 10,000 mi. oil changes. While perusing a Camry board I came across this post by Toyota marketing put up yesterday. I thought you guys would be interested in their comments on the oil.

Quote:
We know there's been much discussion over the new synthetic oil guidelines from Toyota. As was mentioned back in April, the new oil will eventually roll out across more lines and manufacturers and provide lower emissions and improved fuel efficiency.

The owner's manual lists the use of 0W-20 and 5K oil change intervals so we can't really comment further on what would void your warranty.

The synthetic oil should now be available at all dealers and should very soon be available in bulk, which will reduce the costs for everyone. Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 0W-20 contains a Toyota specific additive package within it, making it not interchangeable with other synthetic oils of the same weight such as Mobil 1.

We can't say much more now, but stay tuned for more info shortly, our experts are doing their best to provide more information as it becomes available.

So, what is it, 5K or 10K?
Thanks

Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

I find it interesting that Toyota states only their brand of motor oil can be used. They did this with their transmission that used a synthetic fluid.

Might post this at the Toyotanation website where you would expect a greater response.

What does the owners manual state? If 5K suggest using this number (for warranty issues).

If Toyota comes out with a 10K figure that applies directly to your year/make/model car then you can use that figure or stick to 5K.