Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

NEED Experienced help on head bolts to engine PLEASE! Desperate need

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Exclamation NEED Experienced help on head bolts to engine PLEASE! Desperate need

Hey all I am in a real jam and need someone who has been through it or and exp. mechanic please. My problem is I have my 2004 4cyl camry le in the shop, was running hot and pouring out antifreeze. They replaced the water pump and radiator, then was told the head gasket was blown. So they started working on it and now they say the head bolts would come out of the head BY HAND. They said they would try hard to find bolts that would grab hold better (longer ones) if they couldnt find it i need a new engine.

I am a pretty good tune up guy but not machine guy. This engine only has 88,000 on it, I find it hard to believe that the engine needs to be replaced if they cant find bolts. MY question is guys, IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO PUT BOLTS IN THIS HEAD AND ENGINE?? WHY CANT IT BE RETHREADED WITH BIGGER ONES? OR MAYBE DRILLED OUT THEN PLACE SLEEVE IN IT? PLEASE HELP ME GUYS! THANKS A BUNCH! ROB MEREDITH- rmeredith88@yahoo.com or place here