New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

NEW 2012 Camry SE Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Talking NEW 2012 Camry SE Owner

Hey everyone!

My name's Ray, and I'm from eastern Pennsylvania, new to the forums. I purchased a 2012 Camry SE 4cyl in December of 2012 and have just really started trying to find websites for support and people to talk to about cars once again. I used to own a 2010 Mitsubishi RALLIART turbo and traded it in for the Camry...trying to save to buy a house and start a family. I've always been heavily into modding cars and putting my own touch on them, and slowly but surely trying to do some things to the Camry.

I come from a small town and really enjoy talking about cars to anyone who is willing to! I recently got engaged to my fiance, Natalie, and we are getting married on May 10, 2014 and we are expecting our first child in December. We're going on 7 years together and still going strong. I thought the Camry would be a really nice family car that I could still put my stamp on as well.

I might as well ask this now...I'll be searching through once I'm done here, but asking anyways. I want to lower my car, but I've never done anything dealing with suspension...where do I start???

Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 AM

I found this link maybe this can help you in lowering your car. 5 Ways to Lower a Car - wikiHow

I find that very helpful, haven't tried though but worth to try.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF!

Suggest checking in at the Toyotanation site in the appropriate model and year section. Members have lowered the Camry and can provide specific feedback as to what you need.

The wheel alignment camber may change (it is fixed on the car) thus you may need to install a camber kit allowing it to be adjusted. This is an easy job. The internet has posts on camber kits.

Make sure the tires will not rub the chassis when turning.