New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New 2016 XSE owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 09:03 PM
Default New 2016 XSE owner

Hey, got our Blue Crush XSE 6cyl in November and this is nothing like my mothers Camry of 20 years ago! We were there to get a Rav4 really and I took a 4cyl XSE for a test ride while they looked at our trade in XTerra. I was hooked. Then I researched a little and found they had a more powerful 6cyl and I wanted it even more. So after a few months of bad weather driving here in Chicago, I can now enjoy it on warm dry roads! Tinted the windows looks better

Name:  IMAG0573_zpsa0hhwtsa.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  1.36 MB

Old 03-21-2016, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Very nice!
Welcome to the forums!

Old 03-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Camry! Nice color!

Do you have any particular mods in mind for it yet?

Old 03-22-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by carid
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Camry! Nice color!

Do you have any particular mods in mind for it yet?
Yes and I've done one too. Removed my front plate bracket....wait....it FELL off in the car wash and I was able to save the plate and put it in the trunk. Stupid Illinois 2 plate law.
I have yet to decide on the wheels. I like the OEM wheels on it now. But I will either get cheap used wheels from Craigslist if I can find them and mount my Michelin snow tires on those next fall. Or get new custom wheels and have the new summer only tires mounted on them next spring.
After that I will be reading about "Things to do" to it and make a list up. Like a carbon fiber dash kit. Maybe a body kit???/

Old 03-23-2016, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

I think the factory wheels look pretty nice. I also understand that things can be improved.
I have a set of factory wheels for my 07 that I am going to be putting on here soon, thank you tax return!
If I had the money, I would buy aftermarket wheels and mount the summer tires and have the winters on the factory rims. Just my two cents.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Patonium
Very nice!
Welcome to the forums!
I hope I am in the right place to pose a question?

I have a 2016 Camry LE
Recently, if the engine is off, while my phone is being charged, when I go to start the engine it will not start.
It tries, and all of the dashboard lights and headlights come on, but it still takes me several attempts to get the engine to start?
The battery, alternator, and starter are all good.
But; when I come out to the car first thing on a cold morning-it still always starts.
Talking with several mechanic friends I had the Crank Position Sensor replaced, but it still will not start after 6-10 with my cell phone in the car charger and the engine off?
Thank you