New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New to forum: Vibrations in idling

Old 12-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Default New to forum: Vibrations in idling

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I browsed through the categories and was not sure exactly where to post this. So if I made a mistake, my apologies. Please advice relevant topic groups.

I am driving a 2007 Camry LE, 104.8k mi. Ride is great and no major issues. I recently took my vehicle over to Jiffy for an oil change and fluid top off. I got recommendations to replace my engine motor mount. They showed me the original worn out part, and I opted to go for it.

After my repair however I feel stronger vibrations in idling (neutral or D with brakes). As I accelerate it disappears and don't feel any issues. Seems to be at lower engine speeds.

I am not an expert at automobiles, not a DIY type guy. I know I probably got ripped off on the repair, but I don't have a lot of time to try and read up and do it myself. But for money spent I expect the things to be good. Actually the low frequency vibrations are bad enough that my 4year old sitting inside was asking me what is wrong with my car

I suspected either a bad replacement part or bad reassembly (some loose part vibrating, probably resonating at the lower engine speeds). Guys at Jiffy checked it out and said they couldn't find anything but to get it back for another consult, with the person who actually did the repair.

I was wondering if any of your experts have suggestions on what this might be.

Thanks in advance,
ASH

Old 12-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Which motor mount did they show you, there are several?

Was this the one on top of the engine that looks like a dog bone? A rod with a bushing at each end rotated about 90 degrees to each other?

Did you get the old part back?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Which motor mount did they show you, there are several?

Was this the one on top of the engine that looks like a dog bone? A rod with a bushing at each end rotated about 90 degrees to each other?

Did you get the old part back?
Hi,
This is the mount at the top. They found the issue today. It appears to have been because of a bad part. The guy showed me the old part and new part adjacent to each other. The new part that was giving problem had one of the bushing surfaces at a different angle. He put another new part in at no additional charge, now it's fine in idling.

I am assuming based on this that the wrong angle was cashing unbalanced load and hence more vibes.

Perhaps you can shed some light on this topic...

I got the old part back, I will take a pic and post it.

Thanks again...

Old 01-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that things are running smooth again. If you get the time, please post some pics for us to see.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

The wrong mount could have been installed. Since the mount angle was different, perhaps the installer needed to move the engine to install it. The engine now at a different operating angle didn't allow the other mounts to work properly. Or?