New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New Here & Trying to Mekkanix My 03

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 01:04 PM
Default New Here & Trying to Mekkanix My 03

I'm new here but not totally new to doing car stuff. In 2020, I lost my husband of 21 years & until I win the lottery, I'm taking care of any vehicles for my 15 yr old son & myself. The amount of car knowledge that my husband forgot was more than even most professionals had. I swear he was born out of tranny fluid & had motor oil pumping through his veins due to the way he could hear a vehicle from far off & could identify was it was before it ever drove by. I learned early on how valuable all of his vocational knowledge really was with the way it not only saved us money, but he showed me so many ways to fukk with car dealers, the ****** revving their engines at stop lights, and even close friends & family. Plus he loved going on about his next big project or ideas that just popped into his head. From complicated ones like putting a big block into a Miata, to simple things like turning the rear wiper fluid nozzle so it would spray any tailgaters with whatever fluid he fed into. What I learned from him was even more valuable to me as a woman because I didnt have to go to any more vultures with nothing to do but hope they weren't screwing me over too bad. Now, I can hold my own under the hood of any vehicle & even though I may not be able to fix, I will know if THEY are able to.

So, I'm hoping I can get some advice on my 03 and it's immobilizer cuz I'm hating sitting at a screen for hours. All I kMyMnow right now is that my keys are gone...like, into the 4th dimension because I've even used a metal detector to try finding them. I am getting the idea of what I'm going to have to do to drive this thing again, but Ive never had to deal with a locksmith before & for now I will be happy with any advice anyone has on the steps I should take & in what order they need to be done. I also fix cell phones as a hobby so I know how picky computers can be with proper protocols & chains of commend.
It's and 03, V6 & I'm waiting on a new battery to show up. My battery still works, but I can't risk it dying in the middle of anything important. I also ask that anyone with advice bear in mind that I am also very unemployed & weŕe living on only ONE social security check until I can go get a job (so I need this car). I have no issues looking for parts or used stuff from FB marketplace or even Craigslist.

So, thanks ahead of time to anyone who takes the time to read this or even help me out.