New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Question about Camry hesitation issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Default Question about Camry hesitation issues

Hi, i have a 2007 Camry LE 4 cylinder.

http://www.topix.net/forum/autos/toy...6BEDCKA0VVT2E5

i have noticed this before, is there anymore info about it? i thought it was just the way the car drives but realize its a problem. It's really annoying and possible dangerous (i almost got nailed switching into the other lane).

Someone said something about checking the TSB via my dealership. What exactly does this entail?

Last edited by Carmy; 02-03-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Toyota vehicles as other manufacturers from time to time have design or manufacturing issues that require correction. These issues are not safety related to warrant a recall and not all vehicles within a given model/year would have the problem.

In this case a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is issued to the dealer which outlines the problem symptoms/customer compliant and what the corrective action is. The dealer would preform and corrective action.

A TSB may be issued as a result of customer complaints, Toyota dealer ongoing service feedback or other criteria.

Not all cars will have the problem symptoms and it is up to the owner to bring the problem to the dealer attention. If the car owner brings the car to the dealers attention having a problem covered by a TSB the dealer should take action to implement the TSB.

If under warranty this is done at no cost. If out of warranty the customer will need to decide if they want to pay for the repair.

These TSB are not required to be done for safety reasons and thus it is not a recall.

Thus if the customers car has an problem, the owner must bring it to the dealers attention. If a TSB has been issued for this problem the dealer will fix under the terms stated above.

You do need to bring the problem to the dealers attention. They will not perform a TSB unless the car owner complains.

Each TSB is year/model and can be serial number range specific. An xx and yy model cars made between x and y date having serial numbers between xx and xx. You car needs to fall into the range covered by the TSB.

Suggest you phone or visit a Toyota service department and ask them is a TSB has been issued for your compliant.

The trans "fix" was typically a computer reflash. However it appears if the TSB was not preformed the continued flaring and slipping may result in trans damage. Hence owners having their trans rebuilt.

If you purchased the car used the dealer can access the Toyota maintenance history for the car and determine if the TSB was already performed.

If the car is no longer under warranty or extended warranty Toyota typically will not perform any work unless paid.