New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

reliability at last!!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Default reliability at last!!

Hey everyone,
As you all can probably tell i am new to the site. But have been an avid enthusiasts of many cars in the past. Currently own a 2001 nissan pathfinder (daily driver) and a 1993 nissan 300zx. I use to swear by nissan until recently when the pathfinders first cylinder began loosing compression and later came to find out the the the head had been damaged because of some problem with the piston ring. After being tricked into allowing the dealer to tear down the engine thinking that nissan corporate would cover part of the expense (that is what they told me) they then came back after figuring out the problem that they will cover nothing. And that i only have two options: either fix the problem or replace the engine which would only cost about $200 more. After being told that if i wanted the car back the way it was all torn down and all it would cost the same with the labor and storage fees so i went ahead and told them to replace the engine. I am still waiting on the car (it has been 2 months) and i finally got a loaner (i am passed the point of being extremely angry). Oh and the thing only had 78,000 miles on it and all service including oil changes was done at the dealer. My 93 Z runs stronger than that thing. I understand that i may have gotten a 1 in a million type of car but the way the service dept has handled the situation has caused me to never buy a nissan again (unless it is a Z haha). Everything that has been done to my Z has been done in my garage so i am not new to working on cars. When the dealer told me that my aftermarket sec. system is not allowing the car to start i was thinking that can't be right so i told them are you sure the timing is correct? i got a response saying that "sir our service techs have gone through rigourous training and know what they are doing and blah blah blah" and i later find out that the timing is the issue. I am now looking into buying a 2001 toyota camry and possibly buying a venza later this year. I love the new camrys especially after driving an xle version it was very nice. Even after sitting in a 1999 camry with 206000 miles and feeling no vibrations and the engine as quiet as it was the day the car was driven on off the lot i was set on a camry. Sorry for the rant about nissan, just needed to vent my fury haha. I should hopefully soon be a very active member of this forum. Thank you all!!

Heeren

Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: reliability at last!!

Welcome to CF.

Sorry to hear of your plight with the dealer. Unfortunately your experience is not uncommon and extends outside of Nissan dealers (unfortunately even to Toyota). Not all though, but too many!

Glad you are getting a heads at CF to deal with future issues and concerns.