New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Sonoma County CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Default Sonoma County CA

I just inherited a96 Camry from my father in law...its a great car and we have really enjoyed driving it so far.

I have been a BMW driver since the 70's and still have a 540...

I have over 30 years of hands on experience in auto detailing and hope to help anyone with those type of questions...and also get some advice on some things with my car.

To start...my back passenger window will not roll down...what would be a good place to start looking? fuse?

Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Sonoma County CA

Welcome to CF!

Does the window work with either drivers door or the passenger door window switch?

There is a fuse but it powers all windows, if one window works the power source is OK.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:33 PM

No it has power to the swtich but not moving the window...my neighbor is a retired Toytoa mechainc...and we took the two swtiches out and revered them...no go....checked with an amp meter and he thinks its the motor.

Anyone know where I can get a decent buy on a new or used motor?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

To check the motor apply 12V power directly to the Red and Green wires going to the motor. Motor direction is controlled by reversing polarity.

Start calling autoparts stores. Would assume a NAPA or other major chain store should be able to order one from their warehouse. If not, mail order parts stores such as Rockauto sell them.