New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Yo

Old 10-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Cool Yo

Hey, new to forum I am.
The wife is the driver of the Camry, I got the Yaris.
Didn't look to deep into the forum as yet, I do know of an upgrade to the VVTi oil supply line on the rear of the face of the engine, behind the black plastic and insulated cover, I wanted to share....
There was a recall, to change the rubber hose on the supply line with a new hose. This was done to ours before we bought it two years ago.
However, the 2010 model years replaced the whole line with a metal line and fits the older model 6 bangers.
Hope this saves someone an engine.
I bought the line but been procrastinating and have yet to change it, but will by spring for sure. I had done one repair to someone's changing the rubber hose after their recalled one was changed and it burst anyway. (mostly why I haven't dug into hers as yet, it was not a fun job, ha)
On another note, I will carouse the forum time to time, looking for upgrades to her car, help other members if needed and I do have one other thing, I would like to get 16 inch rims for my Yaris, so as to buy V rated Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 tires. On a relative note, I have to help try and buy said rims with a sale of our extra Camry rims, 4 new pull offs from an 08 Avalon, gun metal grey with new center caps, 18" rims that bolt right on our Camry 5 bolt hubs.
I bought the Avalon rims before I left Toyota (at another maker now) and are new pull offs with no real miles on them, just lot miles and initial PDI miles, maybe 2 - 8 miles on em. If it is OK, I will post on the classified forum.
We would have 2 Camrys, as I love the XLE we have, but, could not afford 2 Camrys, hence the Yaris. But, my Yaris is fun to drive (with all the performance bars put on it). I just need the sticky V rated Michelins next.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums!
That oil line is definitely noteworthy to those with the V6.
That Yaris sounds like a pretty fun little car too. It's all what you make of it.
Also, thanks for posting your vehicles' info in your signature.

Search this Thread