Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Heating a woodshop

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 01:45 AM
Default Heating a woodshop

I’m researching heating options for my new wood shop. 20’x24′, R19in walls, R38 in the ceiling. I live at 9,000 ft in elevation and it can get cold in the winter. Has anyone had experience with radiant gas heaters. The type I am referring to are the ones you see in a garage setting. They are usually direct vent. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:29 AM

I have a friend in Canada that has one of those radiant heaters that's basically a long U tube that contains all the combustion and then vents out. Being radiant, it heats things first, and not the air directly. Last I heard he likes it and makes his shop comfortable.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:01 AM

I was also looking for a heater for my store. It was important for me that it was economical for electricity. Before that, I heated the store with a wood-burning fireplace and it was expensive for me. Moreover, the customers didn't like the smell of wood and they ran out of my store. Then I started looking for another solution for heating the store. So I found a good article with heaters here (tinyhousehugeideas.com) and chose the best of them myself. I liked that all these heaters save electricity, which is what I needed. You can look and choose the appropriate option for yourself.

Last edited by AbigaiLM; 03-06-2020 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by AbigaiLM
I was also looking for a heater for my store. It was important for me that it was economical for electricity. Before that, I heated the store with a wood-burning fireplace and it was expensive for me. Moreover, the customers didn't like the smell of wood and they ran out of my store. Then I started looking for another solution for heating the store. So I found a good article with heaters here (tinyhousehugeideas.com) and chose the best of them myself. I liked that all these heaters save electricity, which is what I needed. You can look and choose the appropriate option for yourself.
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks