Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

'99 COIL SPRING HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Default '99 COIL SPRING HELP!

Hi All,

I did the stupidest thing this weekend...

I have an H&R Lowering Spring installed in my car which gave me about an inch or so drop. For the last 5 years, I was pretty happy about it. Recently, I got new rims replacing my 5 year old aftermarket rims. It's an 18 in rims wrapped in 225/40/R18 tires.

Well, this weekend, I decided to drop my car some more... but this time, I was going to try what most of my friends did... the cheap way... so for $20 i had my SPRINGS HEATED at a local shop to give me "the lowered look" that i was looking for... it really looked nice!!!

HOWEVER, as i driving, it didn't give me the COMFORTABLE RIDE that it used to have and MORE SO, when I make a sharp left turn, the right tire was RUBBING all over the place!! I was really frustrated at my self for even considering doing it the cheap way...

Anyway, I need your help... I would like to buy new a set of new coil springs... but not quite sure which one to get... i would like to get my car to be AS LOW AS IT CAN GET WITHOUT RUBBING or needing any CAMBER KITS...

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Fot those of you who have the same car as me, 1999 Toyota Camry LE, please let me know what kind of lowering springs you have... THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

Old 05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Default RE: '99 COIL SPRING HELP!

NOOOOOOOOOO y did u get them heated all i can say is sorry and im guessin its a lesson learnt that when you go cheap expect a cheap outcome

Old 05-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

you can try tein stech or eibach/trd....

Old 07-12-2006, 11:07 AM

How good are Eibachs for the Camry (I posted this question in another thread)? I've seen that they have them out for the '07 Camry. I just put on some 235/40 18"s and while the fender gap is liveable I'd like to reduce it a bit. I see the Eibach's lower it 1" in front (I think because of the low overhang to reduce pavement scrub of the front bumper, especially on SEs) and 1.4" on back. I had Eibach's on my last car and while the ride quality wasn't terrible, it definitely wasn't as good as their web site claims it to be. Granted that was for 1.5" in front and 1.7" in rear on a Nissan Spec V. Anyone with some driving impressions on any year Camry, in comparison to stock? How about strut wear? Eibach claims it doesn't reduce strut wear rates, but instinct tells me that it would.