Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

ABS Light on, Sensor missing? 2009 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 09:46 PM
Default ABS Light on, Sensor missing? 2009 Hybrid

I recently had my engine replaced and after the work was complete the brakes would sink when I pressed them, there was no pressure in the system. I had the ABS system codes reset and now the brakes are feeling normal but the ABS system light and the parking brake light are both on. The mechanic can't get the lights to turn off. Also the mechanic found an electric/data cable that looks like it should be plugged in somewhere, the cable is located in the top left near the brake fluid reservoir. The mechanic said it is probably a reservoir level sensor but when I call the dealer to ask for that part they are coming back with nothing. I wonder if maybe there is a port I can't see back there that this cable should just be plugged into, or if a sensor is missing? Any ideas?

I found this picture of the brake master cylinder position sensor that looks like it has a port that would fit this cable, is the master cylinder sensor located near where the unconnected cable is?
Master Cylinder Position Sensor Toyota Camry 07-11 Hybrid

Last edited by stevgpetro; 03-08-2022 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

The hybrid may have something called a stroke simulator. The assy is installed between the brake master cylinder and brake actuator. Its job is to make the hybrids combo of wheel brake and regeneration braking feel the same as a non-hybrid car.

The stroke simulator has an electrical power cord with plug. Look around the master brake cylinder for the stroke simulator.

Looks like part No 7 in the link below:

https://parts.olathetoyota.com/v-200...draulic-system