Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

OEM Shocks n Struts

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Default OEM Shocks n Struts

Heyyy

I have a 1995 Camry XLE and my shocks and struts are completely abused. I need advice on if I should stick with the OEM parts for shocks and struts? If so, do you have any suggestions where I can purchase them for cheap?

Also, I could go with the KYB shocks and struts. A friend told me going after market on a Toyota Camry suspension isn't a good idea. From the experience would you recommend the after market stuff, particularly KYB?

Any info would help. Thanks

Old 05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Default RE: OEM Shocks n Struts

I've been researching the same thing since I'm about to put Intrax springs on my '04 Camry and my mechanic said I might as well replace the struts now too. Everything I've read online and everyone I've talked to has said the same thing, if you replace the struts with anything but OEM on a Camry the ride will be ****. KYB or Monroe sens-a-trac will not have the same quality ride. A friend of mine who worked at Midas for 10 years said every time they put aftermarket shocks on a Camry, they customer's bitched so much they had to take them out and get OEM's, which they got raped on. The Toyota dealer here told me the OEM replacement shocks ran $225-250. Which is bull****. There's two Toyota factory replacement sites I've found online, this one is the cheapest:
http://www.discounttoyotaparts.com/
and this one is a little pricier:
http://fargovalley.toyotapartscenter...ef=GOOG-118-GT but either one is cheaper than a dealer.