Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

TIRE PRESSURE

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Default TIRE PRESSURE

I have a Camry07 LE V6 Auto and was wondering about Tire Pressure.

I have heard 35 LBS on all (4), or 38 LBS Front 35LBS Rear.

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks in advance

Bruce/StoreKeeper

Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Default RE: TIRE PRESSURE

Tire pressures can be tricky. I personally run max psi at cold pressure in my tires all the way around. If your worried about whats the best just stick with the factory recommend tire pressure for your car. The higher the psi the more load each tire can handle. Also alot rougher of a ride.To me its unnoticable. The lower the pressure the more comfortable the ride is usually resulting in quicker tire wear and lower fuel economy. 35 all the way around sounds good to me. I never got why people but 38 front and lower psi (35) in the rear. I mean i understand why. The logic behind that is more psi is need up front to handle the weight of the engine ect, and the rear to even it out. Personally i think that would only matter in nascar or f1 racing just my opinion.

Id say 35psi and rotate every 6k and you should be fine. If you have stock tires id switch them out and then sell the old/ new ones. I personally hate factory tires they seem to wear quicker

Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM

I agree with 05 cam. Get rid of the stock ones...I got $50/tire for mine, which wasn't too bad when seeing what they cost new. Right now I'm running 20" wheels with 235/35 tires. I keep them at about 40 psi for the same reasons 05 cam states. They give a firmer ride, but also provide a little more safety by keeping the sidewall tall and protecting the rim a little better from potholes. One important thing is to check your tires though, which isn't hard with TPMS on the new cars. Personally though, I wish they made TPMS that looked better...haha.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Ok tire pressure is so touchy you really have to have your own very good guage. I do not mean the five dollar dial guage piece of crap,I mean the $30 guage like the race guys use. The reason is we tested every gas station and air fill in a 10 mile circle and guess what we found. First was water in almost all of them second the guage at the station was 7-12 pounds off from actual pressure. This was done with a cold tire on a rim with a known to beaccurate guage.
If you drive four blocks to the station to fill your tires they are hot no matter what you here they are hot. So do it cold check them cold and make a note of which tire is low and fill it to that needed amount. but check it cold. A little high is better than to low,low tires run much hotter and the sidewall is soft. You see the sticker on your door with 32Psi well the tire may say 36Psi so Toyota and every car manufacrurer puts the pressure in the tires that gives you the best comfort ride which is the number one selling thing. Tuner and racer car builders could care less about that as long as it looks cool or goes fast. So find a good guage run the tires at the manufacturers specs. watch the ware if you see the tires are waring in the middle lower that pressure one pound and check in 1000 miles or raise the pressure if you see the edges waring same trick. the best thing is usually wht the tire says is what you run it at. Tires ware crappy with that comfort pressure in them so you here people say that tire is junk well some are but alot are bad because some moron has a five dollar guage or runs the tires at the auto manufacturers pressure. So in short even my wife says keep it up.