TCF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Toyota Camry Forums? Ask. Have a suggestion to better TCF? Tell us here.

Change front seats to leather

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 09:45 PM
Default Change front seats to leather

Has anyone gone to a scrapyard to get the leather seats from an XLE to replace the vinyl/cloth seats from an SE Camry? Mine is a 2015, and i would like to do this, if it's not too difficult.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

If the correct year the seat should built up. Issues can be things like power and heated seat options plus airbag which might change the harness plug..

Old 02-16-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
If the correct year the seat should built up. Issues can be things like power and heated seat options plus airbag which might change the harness plug..
Yes, this might be more complicated than simply bolting on the leather seats. But since i would be changing out the SE seats for the XLE seats, this would simply mean some extra wires for the heated seats from the XLE seats, right? AFAIK, the power seats are the same, but the XLE seats might have more power adjustments. Even if they do have more power-seat adjustments, would that mean more wires to the seats?

Old 02-18-2021, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Heated seats would have more wires. Power seat same.

Suggest you examine the wiring harness plugs for the SE and compare to the XLE seats you will be looking at. Yellow is typically airbag wiring.

If your working on the seat disconnect battery and wait 90 sec before discounting airbag wiring. Don't turn the ign key on with airbag wiring disconnected or a trouble code will be set.

Old 06-16-2023, 07:24 AM

I actually went through a similar experience of changing my entire car's interior to leather. It was definitely a costly endeavor, but I must say, I'm really happy with the results. The upgrade to leather seats added a touch of luxury and enhanced the overall aesthetics of my car.
If you're considering going for the leather seats from an XLE, it's important to make sure they're compatible with your SE Camry model. It might be worth reaching out to fellow Camry owners or checking out forums for more specific advice.
By the way, there's a blog I came across that shares some helpful insights about leather and its maintenance. They have some interesting articles that might come in handy during your leather seat project. Check out vonbaer.com for some valuable information.

Last edited by WilliamMikesy; 06-16-2023 at 07:31 AM.