TCF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Toyota Camry Forums? Ask. Have a suggestion to better TCF? Tell us here.

Radiator Suggestion for 2007 Camry SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Default Radiator Suggestion for 2007 Camry SE

Hello,

I have a 2007 Camry SE 3.5L V6 GR-FE.

I've had issues where my radiator overflow tank kept emptying so I took it to the Toyota service center for a diagnostic and they told me I have to replace the radiator. I've been quoted that it will cost $945 to replace my radiator with an OEM through them. After looking online at what aftermarket prices are, I decided that I will tackle the replacement myself. I checked through rockauto and the local auto parts seller (Oreilly, Napa, Autozone, and CarQuest) and been seeing a lot of different options. This will be my first replacement and would like to request some help with recommendations.

Which radiator brand would be considered the most reliable? Locally the only radiators in stock and ready for pick up are Murray Heat Transfer, Napa's brand, Duralast, or Carquest Radiator Complete.

There's an option for without Tow or with Tow package that fits my vehicle, which would be the better option?

Would a performance radiator be worth the upgrade? Given the cost savings I will have, I wouldn't even mind spending $300-$400 if it will last a long time.

Does a 2, 3, or 4 row radiator matter?

Does any of these aftermarket radiator require some mods to fit? I'm concerned if I get something to thick or wide I'll have issue connecting things or the fans may no longer fit.

Appreciate any help that can be given.