New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Drivers side door lock actuator broken

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Exclamation Drivers side door lock actuator broken

Hello everyone,

First time in the Camry Forums, but I would like to ask for some advice. My drivers side door lock has been messing up for some time now (not reacting to electronic clicker, and not locking manually, and not locking when turning the key in the door). I took the car into the Toyota dealership, and they told me the door lock actuator is broken. He quoted me a price of $525 to get this replaced.

Does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed by going to a junk yard and finding the part, or searching online? I just don't want to get stuck paying that amount for this.

All I want is to be able turn the lock manually and lock it. I don't need to be able to push the clicker and make it lock. Can I purchase a general lock actuator and fix the problem, or does it have to be Toyota?

Any advice would be appreciated.

the car is a 2006 Camry

Thanks,
Sam

Old 04-12-2012, 03:15 PM

If you can remove the inside door panel, you can probably see what is broken. It may be an easy fix.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:50 PM

My 2004 Camry left rear door is having actuator issues as well. I removed the door panel and removed the actuator. I think all I need is the small motor replaced. any ideas where I can get one? The number on the motor is B633526 Have pictures if needed.
thanks

Old 07-21-2021, 06:00 PM

Hello All,
Looking for a little help replacing my front driver door lock actuator on a 1992 Camry 4 door. I have the door panel off. I've disconnected and removed the door handle. I've removed the 3 screws. That did not cause the latch to move freely. It is still pretty much stuck in place. My care has metal rods instead of cables connecting to the inner door handle. I think those rods are preventing me from manuveuring the latch/ actuator assembly. I don't see anywhere the rods can be disconnected. I purchased a latch/actuator assembly used with a 6 month warranty. Anyone have any pointers on how to disconnect those rods or another way to get the assembly out? I removed the 3 bolts holding the inside handle to the door but that doesn't give me enough room to move the actuator. How do I disconnect the rods without breaking any of the little "hinges" and such that connect the rods to the handle and to each other. . I am talking the 2 long rods that run to the inner handle. Can't find any DIY videos on line so it must be a PIA?
I appreciate any help!

Old 07-22-2021, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

See private message.